Monday, November 2, 2009

The Seasons and friends

Some weekend.

Only last week I was able to spend a lot of time in my garden. I work from home and often need to study on articles or reports and love to do that in my garden.



It is a wonderful place facing the South so the sun comes from 'the left' and even last week has given me some wonderful times.

Until yesterday.

The weekend started wonderful when on Saturday afternoon we went to two very dear and old friends who we know for over 3 decades. He was my best man at my marriage, the both girls had been schoolmates, he and I had been DJ's for over 5 years in a youth club in our village and even wrote an own version to Rapper's Delight which we recorded after a long night after everyone had left and somewhat influenced by nice beer we did an own version.

Anyways, they live just 4 minutes walk from us and we had a lovely evening with a gourmet dinner, one where you basically do the whole lot together



and all that with salads and garlic bread and mushrooms and sauces and small pepper and herbs...and wine, just wonderful and we started round 6ishpm and ended round midnight with a small break in between where we watched some music dvd's.

To have such evenings with close friends where all four match is really special.

The afternoon prior to it, I had some garden time and was clearing off too many leaves which fall down now and it was just a nice afternoon doing that. My neigbours were also busy outside with some woodworking and when they had finished they were burning the left over wood in a sort of garden fire place which smelled so nice.

Now, the next day, Sunday, I went to a soccer match which I do since I was little at the same club who are fifteen minutes away by bike,



now lol just before I had to go it started raining lightly so I biked over to my friend and when we left there it started to really rain heavily but apart from the fact we have to be there in time there also is no place to shelter so we arrived there quite wet. Our team won so all went well and we have a dry seat there, but really, the way back by bike.... I came home totally wet, my shoes, my coat. We had the wind against us so just awefull.

But, we won and we did have a nice time there and when I had showered and dressed up in dry clothes and especially when my dear wife served dinner the world looked much better again and makes me look back on a lovely weekend with good friends and family around me.

1 comment:

  1. ok now you have me greatly curious... you rapping.... I would love to hear & see that. :-)

    ReplyDelete